Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Something borrowed....... part 1





so, im posting or putting down things that i like which i didn't write but wish i did. people say no idea is ever really original or new, ideas are just lost and transposed over centuries, dressed up in pretty nice dresses and represented as new and improved. so, i am borrowing words from movies, from songs, from books and eventually from other writers that i subscribe to their blogs. 


"I disappear into the person I love. I am the permeable membrane. If I love you, you can have everything. You can have
my time, my devotion, my ass, my money, my family, my dog, my dog's money, my dog's time-- everything. If I love you, I will carry for you all your pain, I will assume for you all your debts (in every definition of the word), I will protect you from your own insecurity, I will project upon you all sorts of good qualities that you have never actually cultivated in yourself and I will buy Christmas presents for your entire family. I will give you the sun and the rain, and if they are not available, I will give you a sun check and a rain check. I will give you all this and more, until I get so exhausted and depleted that the only way I can recover my energy is by becoming infatuated with someone/something else."


the permeable membrane
borrowed from Eat.Pray.Love the movie




this below is a borrowed poem from one of my favorite bloggers, she is on my list of subscribed bloggers, she actually has been an inspiration to starting out my own poetry blog, she definitely is a very hard working poet/blogger, because the volume of work she puts out every week is very outstanding. i think you all should check her out. the name of her blog is killer bees and butterfly wings, click on the purple link and you would get redirected to her blog. enjoy it, and let her know that i sent yall. lol. 






Poetry


The bouquet of flowers behind my ribs consist of crimson red tiger lilies and weeds,
I have good intentions among bad habits.
I can’t seem to throw out dry roses placed on the caskets of my better judgment
and I still press petals between the rock and a hard place I always seem to find myself in
but that’s because I’m a master of making the best of bad situations.
Fault me for making origami eagles from Dear John letters written by missed opportunities, 
mock me for my poetry crafted from love notes and apologies 
or because my vase holds tears to water crimson 
red tiger lilies and weeds...


borrowed from killer bees and butterfly wings





3 comments:

  1. Very nice poems.
    kudos to the artists...they write really well.

    Uhmm...this ur two posts in one day, is rather generous...no wek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll check out her blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so... killer bees blog disappears from time to time, its almost like the train platform to hogwarts, one day its there, another day it disappears. but you could keep checking every other day to find out when her blog is functional, but i swear it was functional just before i posted the post.

    ReplyDelete

Words from the Auctioners

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...