im a lover of life, im a lover of soul and things that breathe, im a lover of love and like everyone else, i long to be loved.... i often get in the way of loving life truly with no restrictions, because i sometimes accept the limitations within society, im human so i err, that also means im unique, just like everyone else. :)
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Regrets
Hi, to everyone new to my blog, this is a blog about love, life, love life, poetry and everything in between. im you average hopeless romantic, actually more like an old soul stuck in a young body. so i post as often as 2-3 times a week, on a subject topic and i usually have a piece of poetry following the post i make. i try to keep things fresh as possible and i am open to ideas on which you would want me to address. i have fears and worries and questions about love, just like everyone else so i am special but also like you.
So, worries and Regrets, we all have them. we cant seem to avoid them. some people tend to have more regrets than others. others have a unique ability in being able to learn from their regrets and move forward from it. the thing most disappointing from regrets is the moment you start to think, "what if" what if i could have done things differently. would things still have occurred the way it did. the what if scenario is a scenario that is all too familiar with me. i am a person who is very critical and i could be hard on myself. yes i know worrying and fretting over my regrets would
not change a damn thing, but i still worry. Time makes it easy to let go of your regrets and it helps you put things in perspective, but before time passes, the thing most people have is themselves and regrets sitting in a little corner.
i am a realist, so i tend to see things from both sides, yes the cup is half full, but its also half empty. so as i soak in the good, i also soak in the bad. hey, i am only human. but whenever i start to worry, or when i start to worry that i might regret a choice i make, i think to myself "i would be more regretful if i don't make a firm decision and stand by it".
one universal thing i worry about mostly, "would i ever be successful?", the second thing i probably worry about too is, "would i die alone or with a loved one?", the major thing i would hate to regret would be, if i met the so called one, would i be stupid enough to let her slip away without ever getting a phone number, or even becoming fully committed? (i hope the sentence makes sense, lol)
So tell me bloggers, what do you ever regret or what makes you worrisome? no matter how small or big, i wanna know, pwetty pls :)
so here is a little piece of work because i have Awesome followers
poem:
i am falling back into the same patterns
holding my reason on ransom
and making decisions without thinking
the guilt comes shortly after the bliss
the guilt i can stand but its the self hate that kills me
in the morning i promise to be better
but its the same lies i have told myself before
the first step is admitting i have issues
okay fine, i have issues
im rocking myself
and counting backwards from ten to one
ten, nine, eight........
i have waited two seconds abit too long
and i still don't feel better
now my impatient heart
is skipping faster than it can beat
i need someone to stop me
before i strangle and hang myself
with the long trail of regrets
i have hidden in my closet
p.s. ok, i know this is a dark poem, im gonna try and write something airy and pleasant for my next post, i kinda, sorta promise.... unless if you guys don't the dark side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i hope the dark poems arent a reflection of your reality sha? if its purely fiction then that's cool :)
ReplyDeleteintersting poem
I don't mind dark poetry lol; I think I write too much of it tho...
ReplyDeleteYa, I sometimes worry that I might be in the wrong career path; I might get bored;
But I get bored easy; so I am scared I might get easily irritated/ bored if/when I meet the right person..
Variety/"interesting" are really BIG for me and might be what ties to my worrying........
@kitkat for some reason i found brilliance in darkness, one of my Fav movies is Requiem for a Dream, so go figure. its not all reality, but its not all fiction.
ReplyDelete@Abi Tobi.... sooo, a few of my friends serve as enablers for me to write dark poetry, funny thing is they usually send me personal bbm msgs about how they love and favor the dark poetry over my airy type poetry. but im gonna try and balance it out soon enough, plus its hard to be dark and gloomy when spring is around the corner.
yeah, i also get bored easily, and as easy as it is for me to totally love something, its almost easy enough for me to totally let it go completely. its a very scary trait.
I missed your blog. I can't believe this is the same blog. You are actually writing for reals..lol. You worry too much jor. Just do the best you can and pray for the best.
ReplyDeleteThere you go again, its your blog write what you want to write.
I find it incredibly interesting that I had this particular thought only hours ago: "Even though I'm ashamed of the persons I've been, I'm proud of the person I've become." And then here I come onto your page and you've written about regrets. Freaky LOL.
ReplyDeleteI guess my comment on regrets/mistakes are in my ols blog entry below. It's my "nuff said".
http://chameleon121.xanga.com/722233411/mistakes/
I like dark poetry. It's much raw-er LOL.. but someone would say that balance is the key to everything.
Oh, there's only one thing I regret in life, but not really.. and that's having to quit dance when I was young-er.
lol @ "it is hard to be dark and gloomy with spring around" hard for me to say cos it snowed yesterday all thru till this afternoon (but...that's btw)
ReplyDeletelol ur friends are "fronting" lol
Ya, I agree; write what whatever u wanna, people don't have to like it but they might pick a thing or two from it ....
awesome blog
ReplyDeletehttp://7teentwenty2.blogspot.com/
This is pretty interesting/weird because I've been having this same thoughts in my head. To think that i'm about to make a very big decision about my future and my life makes me worry.
ReplyDeleteI mean life is full of shits.. If you don't try, you will never know.. if you don't make mistakes you will never learn.
My conclusion, worry less, things usually have a way of taking care of itself.
PS: Looking forward to the dark poetries :D
So I was just about to do a write up about this article i read this morning after weeks well really months (welll i guess really years ) of wallowing in my regrets and shoulda/coulda/wouda's and i remembered your post from earlier this week. Article is very interesting... please do read.... But you are not alone *virtual hug* everyone goes through it.
ReplyDeleteHeres the article from nytimes.
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/23/whats-your-biggest-regret/
haha.... i think i have the most Awesome group of commenters.
ReplyDeleteim glad yall like the dark poetry, the dark poetry keeps me sane on some nights when i am not myself, it serves as release from the burdens of life.
we def all have regrets so i figured i explore a topic we all could relate too.
@IFNA i read the column from the Times, it was very insightful. funny enough, i am an avid reader of the times. i have their phone app on my blackberry and it completes my day.
ReplyDeleteits interesting how across all socio economic levels and different races, how missed love is a common regret people share.