Sunday, March 13, 2011

Emotional Rehab



So, it is sunday again and i can take a deep breath once again. All my fears have been shelved away in the past, and as the new week begins, i face new challenges and fears...(yay???not). So i was raised catholic, and last week wednesday was Ash wednesday and Ash wednesday is basically the beginning of lent. Lent just basically means, giving up something you cant do without for 40 days and 40 nights, a vice of yours. if you ask me, thats just a freaking cruel thing to do. if i couldn't do without Chocolate, then i have to give it up for 40 days, or if i couldn't do without Porn (for health reasons obviously) then i would have to give it up for 40 days and then die....lol. im not overtly religious, actually, im not in any sense religious, but i do still keep some traditions that reminds me of my childhood. So i am observing Lent this year. what i am giving up would be discussed some other day, but for now im talking Emotional rehab (did you like how i switched the topic so smooth like james bond? yes i am a dork, so deal with it lol)
what is Emotional Rehab right? well this is how i see it, to me, emotional rehab is
a state of mind you have/need to go to when you have all these jumbled emotions and they keep interfering with your daily actions. When you are so emotional pulled down that you whole being feels heavy, or when you feel like you are not exactly yourself. like your soul is suffering from a hang over from heavy feelings of love, despair, lust, liking and all the illogical emotions we humans have. You wake up, and because of the way you feel, you are not sure if you want to do something. 
you hear a song, and it transports you to a time and place that draws so much emotion from you, you see words to a poem and it draws you in like a spider web, you hear a name and feelings start rushing in, from your heart to your racing mind. when you feel weighed down like this, thats when you know you need to get away. mentally or physically. we all have our ways of checking into emotional rehab and we all have our vices which put us into emotional rehab. my emotional rehab is a state of being mentally and physically by myself. whenever i check into emotional rehab i tend to want to be alone, i have an "imaginary do not disturb" sign on my heart and mind. i get a bit withdrawn from the world and i seek a pause button that does not exist.
i am certain we all go through this form of emotional rehab and we tend to have different techniques of dealing with it, so i would love to hear how you guys deal with your emotional stress and what may cause you to even check into emotional Rehab.


as always, i would leave you with some poetry, just cause i think you all are awesome and you all deserve it. 


Poem:
Hi, my name is Benga
and i am an Addict
i am addicted to the pain within love
and with its insatiable high
i have been addicted for 20something odd years
and for as long as i can remember
i am a sucker for pretty smiles
and kissable lips
which belong to girls 
that are in love with themselves too much
to ever notice little ol' me
i love chasing this fools gold
with hopes that this last time is it;
there is a dark comfort i feel
in watching my heart break
as i keep falling face first in love
with girls who are emotionally unavailable
the cuts and blister on my hands
are from picking up the pieces to my broken heart
one shard at a time;
ok, truthfully, maybe i slit myself on purpose sometimes
to check for a faint pulse from my bruised heart
i have mastered the 5 stages of grief
like the plastic smiles i wear every morning
and each time i recycle through the 5 stages of grief
i linger a moment longer, 
on the 4th stage each and every time
i am truly an emotional wreck
just waiting to be saved from myself
so here i stand 
checking myself once more
forcibly into Emotional Rehab
so, Hi my name is Benga
and i am an addict.

15 comments:

  1. FIRST..... HAHA, i always wanted to say that.
    i personally, like this poem. yay me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lool...u're such a goof ball.

    Nice poem,
    so I'm commenting on behalf of two. Happy feet and I read this: She loves the part of the imaginery sign and pause button...

    now back to me,
    lol @ kissable lips "of women", I love the intro and exit. I imagine u pickin up the pieces...very funny picture.

    I deal with emotional stress by dumping it at the feet of Christ and yes, I got all preachy on u. :p It works for me.

    My name is H
    and I'm no addict :D
    yay me. Emotional Rehab stinks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's funny. I think that is my new favorite poem.. PROBABLY because I've checked into Emo-hab as well. I too fell "face first in love" with an emotionally unavailable person, haha. Why rehab? It's probably for the same reasons you have.. The way you described it was pretty accurate for me.. My emotions were... essentially impairing my functioning. I didn't feel like me.

    So what do I do? Socially withdraw and deal with it myself. But recently, I actually talked to my BFF.. helped alot surprisingly. What has REALLY been helping me though is watching Sex and The City! (I've watched the 1st 2 seasons) Carrie's love life issues closely resembles my own and so it's been quite cathartic :).


    BTW, I find it interesting how... closely related our posts are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and it's funny what you said about the pause button.. I had the same exact literal thought yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benga, u r silly!

    Yuppers, i think we all need emotional rehab once in a while. I need one now...only if my roommate will stop talking...lol! in yoruba too!

    arrgh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. crying!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh i love it and some good ol heartbreak music!!!! Thats my emotional rehab. by the way thank you so much for not giving up something during this lent period, it so friggen obnoxious to see people "publically fasting" during this Lent period. I have like 100 status on facebook, in which i want to write NOBODY CARES!!! inregards to hardships of fasting during this lent period.

    and everyone is addicted to anything attached to the symptoms of Love which sadly at times involves pain. the one thing i am hearing on repeat is sometimes you need to endure the bad to appreciate the good. C'est La Vie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My emotional rehab is shoppin, but its never really about what I'm buying, its my state of mind. I think of absolutely nothing..any worry, any problem all forgotten, just for a few hrs...then I come back and face whatever

    ReplyDelete
  8. @H..... say hey to happy feet, i guess i get 2 comments for the price of one, im a bargain commentator (i guess, dont judge me for making up categories in my head) i am glad you come back often and also that Happy feet likes it too. (i wonder why her name is happy feet, for some reason i cant stop thinking about penguins when you mention her name)

    @Niki .... you know its freaky how we are always on the same wave length, like its either we were misplaced soulmates, reincarnated lovers or probably identical twins in a parallel universe. i am all for SATC, but im way too lazy to start from the first season.

    @Just...toluwa.... yeah, Emotional Rehab is something we all need to check into from time to time, though i know some people check into it more often than others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @IFNA ... im an old soul so i have always gravitated towards soul music and heartbreak songs.... give me john mayer, Sade, Seal, Norah Jones etc, and everything is all good in my own world. Well i did give up something for lent, im still undecided if i want to write a post on what i gave up (but it shouldnt be like any of the FB updates you have seen lately)
    yes i am a hopeless romantic so i am addicted to all the symptoms of love.

    @anonymous ..... if only my Dad was Obasanjo, then i would make shopping my Rehab, but it is a recession, so i would have to settle for free music off of youtube.

    p.s. please check out Niki's blog, its on my blog list as ChaMeLeOn121's Xanga. actually anyones blog on my blog list is actually important to me and i actually do think they are good writers, so please stop by each blog as many times as you can. thank you

    Management. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Solace in my bed space. Or just Solace in solitude

    I use to write once for what I would consider emotional rehab and listen to those songs that just bring everything back, but well, its a phase that seemed to pass... or I pushed it away X_X... But when I did write... I endeavored to use third party, thus, it could seem like anybodies tale. Never actually putting me out there -_-

    [plus there's an error in the power,
    Line 17 or so {Yes...I counted :)} ]

    ReplyDelete
  11. eyimifesbliss14 March, 2011

    I like this a lot!

    I can actually see it all in my head and relate with it and I like the way its serious but not so serious! Lol ... If u get wot I mean and it makes me want to give u a really big hug!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. @dutchess... solace always works, gives you time with yourself to settle the issues you need to settle.... im rolling that you actually caught an error on my poem (or did you? check again, no error) haha.... well thanks, visit back often.

    @eyimifesbliss i welcome big hugs, its the small hugs i charge for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @forbidn2us aww, thanks for the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. NICE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. As of today i am checking myself into rehab i. Want to get away from reality and escape to wonderland where i am welcomed to roam free and stress free i thought i wast the only one that went thru stuff like this but thanks alot for this post it made me feel ALOT bettter (:

    ReplyDelete

Words from the Auctioners

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...