Tuesday, March 20, 2012

UPDATED::: Would you Rather: Part Duex





Sooo this is my new series, where i ask give you two options and you have to chose only one option. No answer is the wrong or right answer, its all about personal preference and what you would do. my last weeks chioce was THIS , just incase you missed it. 


Anyways, this week the options are
Would you Rather


a) be extremely wealthy but know that you would leave a short life.... by short life i mean, you probably would die by 45 or 50ish, and by wealthy i mean, you are wealthy enough to buy islands and pay the debt of a few third world countries. 


Or


b) live an Extremely Long life but Hover around the Poverty Line. When i say extremely long life, probably as long and fulfilling as being about 110 years or even old, and hover around the povery line in the sense that, going to the movies once a month would seem like a Luxury, being barely able to make your Rent payments, living off Food Stamps, but still being able to Survive


Remember, there is no right or wrong Answer to this Question. 


UPDATED:
i personally would like chose option A.... to me, i dont need to live a long life if i have the means to live a fulfilling life. i would explore the world, donate to charity, donate to science, setup trust funds for my Children (i have a phobia of bringing kids into the world while im broke), make sure my future generations never see poverty, and obviously, i would party like a rockstar because i would be dead in a few years. 


Being broke is not fun, or even living on the poverty line, most societies dont have an upward mobility regarding finances, Yes you hear of people like Oprah and Co... but these are the exception, even America isnt that upwardly mobile, most kids that are born into poverty usually stay there. i want my kids to experience more than i ever did. 

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird weird stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chail .... wow, interesting Answer... i like your train of thoughts. Very down to earth and practical.

    @MissLAra, come on, dont be Shy, its always nice when you move beyond your comfort Zone and pick one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends! If its just me...i don't have any kids or a spouse then i'd rather be extremely wealthy and use that extreme wealth to help those less fortunate than myself.

    If i have a family, i'd rather live a long life so i can be there for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is tricky. As much as i like to be able to afford basic necessities & be comfy, i dnt think i wana be able to buy islands(i knw i'm weird) i like the fantasy of it but in reality, the little things do it for me. I know money makes things easier but there are many things money can't deal (cliche but true)

    I guess i'll av to be downloading movies from the internet using my neighbour's free wifi instead of going to the movies once a month. Sucks but @least, i'll be happy.

    That said, i wish life was this black and white tho:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will rather be wealthy and use my wealth to help people before i die. We are all going to die someday anyhow. It will be great to know when i will die that way i will change my ways and walk down the heavenly gates. i know i am smart like that lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a simple one I wanted to say and then saw the first comment. well, the first is an easy choice for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @LadyNgo.... its almost an easier pick for a woman, but if you have kids and you and your family live around the poverty line (even the poverty line in America is bad), Then how can you really be there for you kids if you can hardly afford to pay for College, put decent meals on the table and such? yeah you would live to be old, but it might not be a very fulfilling life. thats just my thoughts.

    @Toin.... When you are hovering at the poverty line, you cant afford credit cards or even a decent credit, you cant even afford to pay rent in a neighborhood that your neighbour cant afford Wifi and you cant afford a computer, you can barely make ends meet. soooo movies are probably the last thing on your mind.

    @BSNC thats a very noble idea. though wouldnt the thought of impeding death scare you?

    @Myne ... im not exactly sure what your answer to the question was. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um I want to say A plus 1/2 of B. lol

    I'm not sure about living to 110. Not necessarily gunning for Methuselah's spot. Also, You lost me when u said going to the movies once a month would be considered luxury. If 10-15 dollars a month is considered luxury then um I'm going to have to pass on that one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take the money. I never really wanted to live to 100 anyway. I hate the thought of watching my body slowly break down and losing function. And by that age, even if I do end up having a family, most if not all will be dead before me. I'd hate to die before my children. I'll take the shorter life and the money. At least that way I can live out a fantasy life; have once-in-a-lifetime experiences, travel the world, eat the most decadent fattening foods (if I'm gonna die early anyway, I might as well eat everything I want LOL) and use the rest to fund different charity organizations and help people in all the countries I visit. I'd rather make in big impact in my short life than live a long hard one barely scraping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. With no hesitations, i choose B. Because since my childhood, i consider myself and my family as deprived till now, ( i am in my late 20's) but somehow we managed to survive and we are a close-nit family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd rather have choice A. I've been living choice B for quite some time, and it just feels like no one is supposed to have to live like that. The stress incurred can make life some what miserable... and if you're always on the poverty line, chances are you would not be able to retire in your 60s or 70s (maybe) because you have nothing you can save... and since they're always trying to cut Social Security, you may not have that to fall back on.. and if you don't have supportive family... you will be miserable.. and when all of your friends pass away and you're the only one standing.. again, miserable.

    I choose choice B because I've always oddly felt that I would die young anyway. What I would do with all that money however; would travel the world, experience "life" in the eyes of other people and give back to those in need. And also, I would likely accomplish my many dreams that I am too afraid to risk doing now because of money.. and also, the motivation to follow my dreams would exponentially increase knowing for certain that my time on earth will be over in a couple decades.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I choose choice A because*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah thanks all for you participation, but i personally choose option A... i gave my reasons in the update of this post.

    ReplyDelete

Words from the Auctioners

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...