im a lover of life, im a lover of soul and things that breathe, im a lover of love and like everyone else, i long to be loved.... i often get in the way of loving life truly with no restrictions, because i sometimes accept the limitations within society, im human so i err, that also means im unique, just like everyone else. :)
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Updated Would you Rather: Part Quatre
Hello once again.... i know i should have posted this on Tuesday or Earlier today, but i have been Stumped... Busy Busy Busy... i just cant wait till spring break next week, i finally take some time to RELAX... WOOHOOOO... lol. anyways, i enjoy each and every participation this series gets, its very amusing.
Well for those who are new, Would you rather is a series in which i present two options, and i give you the reader a choice of choosing either one, but you can only choose one option as is, with the terms which come with the option, Explaining the Reason to your choice of your option is highly encouraged, it is basically an open forum, there is no right answer and there is no wrong answer to the choices.
Sooo my last Question seemed pretty easy to most people, sooo i figure i might make this a bit challenging and a little bit more realistic. So here goes
IF you were to have a daughter, and you had to choose between
A) having a daughter that was Pretty or extremely beautiful but she wasn't sooo smart
or
B) having a daughter that was a Genius but she was Ugly
It seems like an easy question, and it seems almost superficial but you should consider that being beautiful or ugly as a female affects the way the world relates to you and what positions you can find yourself in, it determines who you might be able to marry in the future and to some extent the kind of opportunities in which life would present to you. Being Borderline Stupid is a huge hinderance in most circles, but some people could argue that President Bush Jr was borderline stupid.
Dont forget to leave your comments and your thoughts down below.
please feel free to hit the follow button.
UPDATED:
i personally would prefer option1... having a pretty daughter and her not being so brilliant. Im a guy and i know personally that whether the world admits it or not, Females are usually judged on a first impression basis on how attractive they are, the world is generally harder for less attractive or even Uglier Females. life gives prettier females better options, options when it comes to Job placement, Prettier or Attractive Females get paid more in the work force, and prettier females usually get the Option of marrying more Successful husbands if they choose too. The Successful men who are married to females who aren't that attractive are usually Men who have been with the females before they became successful. I know it sounds superficial, but it is the truth in the world that i live in. brilliant females are in their own right good, but i doubt too many people can name brilliant females off the top of their heads, nor do they think that the brilliant females are relevant, unless if the females are brilliant and attractive too. These are just my opinions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

George Bush was also white, a man, and the son of a former president- his stupidity kinda gets a pass.
ReplyDeleteAnywho, i'd rather my daughter be an ugly genius. the right application of make-up can make anyone aesthetically pleasing. besides, beauty is subjective so i'm sure there'd be someone who found her attractive. And even if there isn't, who's to say she will even want to get married? If she's pretty and dumb, the likelihood of her being taken advantage of skyrockets and that's not what i want for my child.
CO-Signed!! Good 1 LN!
Deleteyou bring up valid points, but there is also Sarah Palin, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton etc.... all these are Beautiful women who have been elevated for nothing more than just being Beautiful and certainly not their smarts. im just playing devils Advocate here.
DeleteThey are "beautiful" WEALTHY WHITE women...and not nearly as dumb as we all think i'm sure. Palin is famous for being an idiot actually who just happens to kinda have a milf thing going on depending on who u ask lol. And um, Kim and Paris are famous for showing their goodies and getting skeeted on/in. If not for the fact that they come from wealthy families and if not for the fact that Palin tried her hand in politics, the world would not know who any of them are.
DeleteSorry, I will have a son instead.
ReplyDeletehey Dame.... well sorry, you have to play by the guideline.... lets step out of our comfort zone for a little bit.
Delete*kneels to pray* Father lord, please a pretty genius is what i want father. Thank you *gets up* .. and yea, a pretty son would do too. #okbye
ReplyDeleteCan I have both? If not, genius it is, I don't deal pretty with stupid.
ReplyDeletelol... i guess Genius would do then.
DeleteEither circumstance matters little to me. I'd be fine with either. Either person can end up with a meaningful, pleasurable life. What they would use to get ahead in life would simply be different. A ditzy but beautiful girl is likely to get things handed to her, get famous for her looks.. A genius is likely to provide something meaningful to society and be famous for her achievements.. First ladies aren't always attractive, right? Intelligence is it's own attractiveness.. but it take a bit more time to reach the ignorant and superficial is all.
ReplyDeletei like the logic behind your reasoning... it was well thought out and you have extremely valid points Niki... well said.
Deleteoh wow!
ReplyDeletefor the second.. Lord knows I want beautiful children.. But with option 2, God will have to extra bless me... with money, u can cover ugliness lol.... her intelligence will shine through and will earn her respect.. I will also pray for humility, because if with an ugly face she is proud and arrogant, it will be too sad....
for the first, I will also need to pray for humility and some confidence... all I need is her to have a caring and lovely heart. and you said not soo smart o... soo she still has some in her then, I will need God to bless me, so at least, I can set her up and I will guard her heart with the words of God so she understands that beauty is more than skin. I will have to learn to make her feel smart, look for her talents and let it shine through; invest in those..... I will pray for plentttty patience too because it's frustrating teaching a really slow person.
I could have it either ways, but if i have to pick.. I will take the first option... Her beautiful heart will shine through for her
you are the first person to openly admit that you would prefer option 1 kudos.... truthfully. i personally prefer option 1 too.
DeleteSorry I'm late to the party....
ReplyDeleteI'll pick brains over beauty any day. I grew up with two sisters. Two pretty sisters. They knew they were from the beginning too. My mom loved all of us, but she knew I didn't have that kind of confidence. So while my younger sister got into modeling and allathat, and my mom encouraged her, I buried my nose in books, and my mom encouraged that as well. She always made sure to let me know how proud of me she was. She went to my sister's fashion shows, but always made time to take me to the library and buy me paints, sketchbooks, and novels. When we hit our teens, my sister got a lot of things handed to her because of her looks, but I was too focused on books to even be interested in boys or dating. I love my sister, and I was never jealous of her because her being prettier than me is just a fact. And I'm proud that she's blossomed into a beautiful woman and mother. But she's not the smartest tool in the shed, and she's more naive than anything and can get taken advantage of real easy. My parents and brother are constantly watching after her and worrying over her. They never had to do that with me, and my mom proudly tells all her friends about what I have accomplished because of my brains. I'm very fortunate to have parents who nurtured that in me and didn't make me feel lesser than for not being the popular and prettier one. After I grew up and left home, I eventually grew into my looks and became comfortable and confident in my appearance just as much as my smarts. And because I never had that pretty girl syndrome, I don't fret if I'm having a bad hair day and don't flinch when things aren't just handed to me. That's what I'd like for my daughter. I would much rather be proud of her for what she's accomplished because of her intellect rather than what what was handed to her because of her pretty face. And knowledge = confidence. If she's smart, she'll be strong, and she'll learn what works best for her. She won't have "pretty girl disease." Most importantly, I'll know she'll be able to make it on her own and not have to worry about her being dependent on anyone else.
The ugly child seems to be winning. Naturally I would say I'd prefer the beautiful child but there are other qualities that I'd like her to have too as highlighted by Abi. After reading the comments below I'm not sure what to choose but I do know that in the long run the ugly daughter will win because physical beauty fades and brains last longer providing the daughter with the brains does not suffer of an illness that will affect her intelligence.
ReplyDeleteWhenever I play this game, (it's usually a variation of smart, looks or money) I always have the same answer. Intelligence can get you both and the rest are less likely to get you either.
ReplyDeleteOuter beauty will fade, inner beauty and brains to boot = winning combination.
I want me a pretty genius. ℓ☺ℓ.
ReplyDelete