being awake at this time and having insomnia wouldnt be too bad, but the stupid thing is i have class early in the AM and i really should be asleep. the catch 22 is, i often ignore my BBM messages at this time because im trying to go to sleep, but i dont get to go to sleep as fast as i should.
the known things that really help with knocking me out are
Pain killers
reading a boring book
and good sex
(not in any order, mind you)
Painkillers::::: im all out of the good stuff, so i cant do that now
Reading a Boring Book:::: my mind is soo alert that a boring book would probably not help right now
Good Sex::::::: im supposed to be abstinent while this semester is in session but fuck it (pun intended)...... (im not good at staying away from temptation, sooo i know i would fail at this a couple of times during my semester)
Sooo while im waiting for sleep to carry me away, i realized that there are some commercials i find freaking hilarious on insomnia TV.... i dont care, im a dork for liking commercials, there are some that i get super excited when i see them come on...
Commercials make the world a better place, trust me. i even know the scripts to some of my favorite commercials, so i would leave you with a couple of commercials that i currently like,
AXE BOYFRIEND
haha this one is freaking hilarious.... the look on rogers face after is priceless.... lol.
AXE MANNEQUIN
lol... this one too is hilarious....
Hanes Special Paste Commercial
The Husbands look when the wife calls his idea stupid, is sooo priceless... almost like O_o ... woman, my idea is a master piece.
Planet Fitness Bang Bang
haha.... Bang Bang bang, i need to put my email address down?? ok
Petco Goodlooking Doggie
im not too big with dressing Doggies up or down, but there is something about this dog that just makes me smile :)
Mcdonalds Credit Card Roulette
This isnt the exact commercial that is running on TV but if you ever see this commercial on TV, you would understand why i like this commercial.
Anyways, leave a message telling me what you do to fight the insomnia, what commercials make you smile or whatever the case maybe.
this is a random post, the real one may or may not be coming on soon after.
I love those axe commercials lol.
ReplyDeleteAs for the insomnia...me and it are just good friends now. insomnia never leaves my side so i've just made peace with the fact that i don't and most like won't fall asleep before the sun comes up ever. But if u find the cure, let a sista know!
@LadyNgo i love the Axe commercials.... i hate insomnia.... :(
ReplyDeleteInsomnia is a bitch!!!! i loathe it so much that i take pills to get knocked out sometimes as for commercials my favorite one right now would be the KIA seoul (i think thats how its spelt) but yeah the one with the party rockers song
ReplyDeleteThere was a time I used to take pills for it until they stopped selling the pills without a doctors prescription. These days I just avoid resting much during the day so I could be worn out at night. Its sha a gud time to write or draw or harness whatever creativity thatz in u, datz wen uve got no early morning appointments
ReplyDeleteJust finished typing out this comment. I can't believe how long it is!! ::Puts hands to face::
ReplyDeleteI don't particularly like commercials really.. well, unless they're funny... but I don't look forward to commercials whatsoever so, I don't frequently see any. The only one before I have seen is the Hanes Socks one. And I thought it was cute/funny :)
LMAO! "I KNOW you not touchin' ma mannequin!" Her afro-accent was on point! I wonder how many takes it took her to get that right!
I also really thought the planet fitness one was hilarious!! Simply because I was imagining how that girl must've felt! LOL.. Madddd uncomfortable and weird as fuck! Hahaha
What do I do for insomnia? Well, sometimes I write a blog post.. it unloads my mind a bit.. Other times, I just watch streaming TV online (or from my hard drive). Usually TV murmur is as soothing as the cascade of a waterfall. I can fall asleep eventually if I shut my eyes. But it has to be the same TV show with episodes playing back to back. I have three viewings that can make me go to sleep in under 30 minutes:
(1) Family guy movie, Stewie's story.. I've seen it SOOOO many times that I can now sleep through it. And I do so unintentionally half the time lol.
(2) BBC's Planet Earth series.. It came out in '06 I believe. It covers different areas of nature on the planet. I don't think I've managed to ever stay awake through a full episode, actually.. A voiceover of a man with an English accent + sounds of Nature = Automatic Sleep.. It works so well that my ex-boyfriend who's a busybody actually requested that I send him a copy so he could better sleep!
(3) The Office -- I've seen every episode several times and so, it's like hearing family (or friends) chatter in the background. It makes me comfortable to hear the familiar voices and since it's a show whose episodes I've seen often, I don't fight sleep when it comes.
WHAT I DON'T DO. Watch a NEW TV show/episode. I will NOT go to sleep. That's what happened with me when I watched "Entourage"... I watched a whole season and still didn't want to sleep smh.
So, I doubt this'll help much, but it's what I do! Nice post LOL
Okay, well at least I know I'm not the only one who never goes to bed on time. My clock currently says 1:49AM
ReplyDeletelol
up for no damn reason
still lol@ d socks commercial. lwkmd. i love advertising generally... just soo cool. used to cram em when i was much younger too.
ReplyDeleteas for insomnia, dnt knw wat to say cos i sleep like a log. i sleep late but wen i close my eyes, i'm gone